photo HEADER2_zpsztxreyz7.png

Monday, May 16, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares


Are you the kind of person that can eat peanut butter out of the jar?  I am.  I have to remind myself that there is about 100 calories per spoonful (sorry to ruin that if you didn't know...).  The combination of chocolate & peanut butter is one of my favorites.  This a FABULOUS recipe I got from a sweet friend's now mother-in-law. 

The Goods:
  • 1/2 Cup Light Corn Syrup
  • 1/4 Cup Sugar
  • 1/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
  • 1/2 Cup Crunchy Peanut Butter (or creamy)
  • 3 Cups Rice Krispies
  • 12 oz Chocolate Chips


Butter an 8" square pan.  In a medium sauce pan, combine the corn syrup and both sugars.  Cook at medium heat, constantly stirring, until the mixture comes to a boil. 


Remove from heat, and add the peanut butter.  Stir until well combined.  Add the rice krispies.


Stir until the krispies are covered, and pour into your 8" pan.


Smooth out the krispies mixture, and add the chocolate chips.  


Let the chocolate chips sit for about 5 minutes, then spread out the chocolate chips with a spatula. 


Allow the chocolate harden.  You can cut these up into squares, or use fun cookie cutters.  I wish I would of saved some for me....


I was sending these as a gifts so I wanted them to be extra cute :)  Gotta love the Texas flare...


Here is a picture from the trip to Iowa when we all had way too much of this (2006):


Grace, peace, and be sure to enjoy some sweets!

{Leslie}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...