photo HEADER2_zpsztxreyz7.png

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Texas Caviar (minus the caviar)

Well, howdy y'all!!  If you are wondering what I am up to with all this fancy schmancy caviar talk, no need to worry.  When it comes to food, I would much rather have a burger than sushi any day.  Now that I am thinking about it I would rather have greek yogurt, chick-fil-a salads, fajitas, and PB and celery over anything that ever swam.   This recipe has nothing to do with fish, and everything to do with amazing flavors! 
I got this recipe from my Great Aunt, and I am not sure where she found it.  This dip is great for summer parties!  I usually serve it with tostitos scoops or pita chips.
 
The Goods:
  • 1 can Black-eyed peas - plain, no snaps
  • 1 can Black-eyed peas with jalapenos
  • 1 can tomatoes with green chilies (not Rotel)
  • 1 small onion diced
  • 1 green pepper, diced
  • Juice of 1 lime
  • 3/4 cup Italian dressing
  • 1 large avocado, diced


Drain and rinse your black-eyed peas.


Add the diced tomatoes...


Put your sunglasses on, and chop up your onion!


Mmmmmm add the diced pepper.  


Limes are not just for Coronas.  Add the juice from one lime.


This is the secret ingredient...shhhhh


Add your diced avocado and you are done!  Writing this makes me want to make this again.  Mine is all gone! 


Keep refrigerated in an airtight container.  This will stay fresh for about a week, but it is very unlikely it will last that long!  

Grace, peace, and be sure to enjoy some sweets!

{Leslie}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...