photo HEADER2_zpsztxreyz7.png

Monday, August 8, 2011

No Bake Cookies


What do you do when you want to make cookies, but have a pork butt in the oven {yes, I said pork butt}?  You make no bake cookies!  These are some of my favorites...probably because they have chocolate and peanut butter in them!  I found the recipe Here on food network.  I made a boo boo, and didn't make sure I had all the ingredients before I started cooking.   Instead of using 2 cups of sugar I used 1/4 cup sugar, 1 cup brown sugar, and 5 truvias.  :) I was a little weary about doing that, but it worked!  The flavor is pretty awesome; maybe even more awesome than the "normal" recipe.

The Goods:
  • 2 Cups Sugar {or 1/4 cup sugar, 1 cup brown sugar, and 5 truvias}
  • 4 TBSP Cocoa
  • 1 stick of Butter
  • 1/2 cup of Milk
  • 1 cup Peanut Butter
  • 1 TBSP Vanilla
  • 3 cups Old Fashion Oatmeal
Using a large sauce pan place all the sugars:


Add the cocoa....yum!!!


Now, add the butter and milk. 


Cook at medium-high, and allow to boil for only ONE minute.  Take the pan off the heat, and add the last 3 ingredients.  Stir until well combined. 


Using a tablespoon, scoop out your cookies onto wax paper!



I think I need to go to the gym again today, because these are too good to not eat 10 of them {stop judging me...I have only eaten 6 :) }!  Hope y'all are enjoying the summer {and staying hydrated}.  I can't believe my teacher summer is dwindling away {sigh}.  Make sure you enjoy some sweets this week!   

{Leslie}
  


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...