photo HEADER2_zpsztxreyz7.png

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Cauliflower Pizza


Yep, you read it right.  Cauliflower pizza.  Stop making that ugly face...This is delicious.  My good friend Sarah had pinned this on Pinterest, and I couldn't believe how good it looked.  I had been so over carb-ed during the holiday season I decided to take a couple weeks off.  This was a perfect recipe.  Beth from Eat.Drink.Smile is a genius, and her WEBSITE is fabulous. 

Ingredients:
  • 1 Cup Cooked Cauliflower 
  • 1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 tsp Dried Oregano
  • 1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
  • Pizza Sauce
  • Toppings
  • Shredded Mozzarella

Preheat your oven to 450.

I had never really dealt with cauliflower before, and I wasn't quiet sure how to remove all the stems.  I just started hacking at the bottom, and I began pulling "trees" off, and dealt with them individually.  After you just have the top of cauliflower place it in a food processor. Process until cauliflower looks like a grain like substance not a puree.  Place cauliflower in a microwavable bowl, and cook for 8 minutes. 


Add 1 cup shredded cheese, egg, and spices (You should have about 1-2 cups left over that can be refrigerated up to week).  Form a 10 inch circle on a greased cookie sheet, and brush on olive oil to create a cruncher crust.  


Bake for 15 minutes at 450. 


Doesn't it look good?  YummmmmY.  Go ahead and turn your oven broiler on.  I used this pizza sauce I found at sprouts, it is fabulous:


Spread pizza sauce on "crust".  I only added chopped bell peppers, but you could add meat or other toppings if you wanted.  After this add your shredded cheese.  About 1/2 - 1 cup.   I realized after I made this that there was a total of 2 cups of cheese in mine, and wished I would of not used so much.  Do not get me wrong it was wonderful, but I would like it a little lower calorie.  :)  This produces about 2 servings.  If you are feeding a man you might want to make two, and leave out the part that the crust is made out of cauliflower.  :)


Enjoy!

{Leslie}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...