photo HEADER2_zpsztxreyz7.png

Sunday, January 22, 2012

DIY LOVE Burlap Sign


 Happy Sunday!  I just graded a HUGE stack of homework's, make up quizzes, and tests...yuck.  I am SO glad to be done with that!  I have been slowly adding Valentines decor to my apartment.  With Tall Tan Man being in Australia I have to do something with my time. :)  Look how hott he is:


To make this LOVE Burlap Sign you will need:


  • 9 by 12 inch canvas
  • Red Paint
  • Red Burlap
  • Staple Gun {these are only $8ish at walmart (: }
  • LOVE Wooden Letters
  • Paint {for the edges of the letters that are not covered by paper}
  • 12 by 12 Scrapbook Paper
  • Mod Podge and brush
  • Hot Glue
  • Tacks {optional, and you will need to use a hammer}
 {almost everything was from Hobby Lobby}

1.  Paint your canvas a similar color to your burlap so the white of the canvas will not show through. For some reason I just painted the front...I am not sure why.  Paint the sides too. 

2.  Staple the burlap onto canvas.  


3.  Now hammer in your tacks.  I found my tacks at hobby lobby.  I needed about 60 tacks {the pack came with 48 and I had some left over from a previous project}.  I finally figured out a way that worked really well {this *was* pain...}!  I used a ruler, and marked every other centimeter with a sharpie.  The tack ends up covering up the mark.  This was wonderfully easy. 

4.  Now it is time to work on your letters.  Paint the sides of your letters to match your scrap book paper.  I painted mine an off white.  

5.  Stencil your letters onto the scrapbook paper, and cut out very carefully.


6.  Mod Podge your papers letters onto the wooden letters.  I applied the mod podge to the letter and did not put any on the top of the paper.

7.  Hot glue letter onto your canvas.  

I'm in love...





I hope y'all have a fabulous week :) 

{Leslie}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...