photo HEADER2_zpsztxreyz7.png

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Garlic Apple Cider Vinegar Pork Tenderloin {oven}


 

I do on occasion cook real food, especially when Tall Tan Man is around.  He for some reason he thinks that cereal is not a sufficient dinner.  I don't get it.  Anyway, I do enjoy cooking, and I have really no excuse {I am a teacher on summer break} to not use my time to make something delicious to make my man happy.  :)  My friend made a similar Pork Tenderloin at a summer BBQ. You can read about it {here}.  I used the same {recipe}, but did change a couple things.  I do not have a grill so I cooked the tenderloin on the stove top and in the oven.  There was not a big difference in taste to me using the oven verses the grill. This serves 2. 

Ingredients:

1 pork tenderloin, about 1 1/4 lbs
3 cloves garlic 
1-1/4 tsp salt
Pinch of pepper
1 TBSP apple cider vinegar*
1 TBSP olive oil

*Apple Cider Vinegar is what I had in my kitchen.  I think you could use red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, or whatever makes your heart happy {within reason, of course}.

Directions:

*Visit link above for grill directions.  

1.  Make marinade by combining garlic, salt, pepper, and vinegar in a bowl.  Rub marinade all over pork, and refrigerate overnight.  I did not have this much time...My tenderloin only got 6 hours of marinading, and it was still fabulous. 

2.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

3.  Heat olive oil in pan over medium high heat {if you have a pan that can go from stove top to oven then use it}.  Add tenderloin and allow each side to brown.  I rotated many times to make sure each side was getting dark enough, because I was missing the grill factor.  

4.  Move pan to oven.  Cook for about 20 - 30 minutes or until the meat thermometer reaches 160 degrees.  This will all depend on the thickness of your tenderloin.  Allow tenderloin to sit for 10 minutes before serving. 

 
 

I served this pork tenderloin with a {Strawberry Spinach Salad} that I added avocado to, and baked sweet potato wedges {recipe coming soon}.  This might of been the first time Tall Tan Man went back for seconds...

{Leslie}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...