photo HEADER2_zpsztxreyz7.png

Friday, March 14, 2014

Key Lime Pi {Happy Pi Day}


 Hellllo & Happy Pi Day!  Today is a mixture of two of my favorite things, math & dessert.  What more could a girl ask for?  Pie is not my normal dessert choice, but on March 14th it always wins.  The only other pie I have blogged about is this {Peanut Butter & Chocolate Pie} and it is super tasty.




Today I am sharing a Key Lime Pie recipe.  This is not a normal Key Lime Pie.... It's better!  I found it on Pinterest and it is only 3 weight watcher points {if I am being honest I don't know what mean but I am guessing it's good}.  You can check out the original recipe from Pies - Tasty Cooking Recipes by just clicking {here}.

Ingredients:

Graham Cracker Crust
1 Egg White
3 oz Lime Jello
1/4 Cup Boiling Water
1 TSP Lime Zest
1/4 Cup Lime Juice
2 - 5.3 oz Lime Greek Yogurt
1 - 8 oz Container Whipped Topping {thawed} 



Directions:

1.  Preheat oven to 375 degrees and brush crust with egg white {Be careful to not leave any globs or you will end up with breakfast eggs...not that I did that...}. 

2.  Combine Jello and boiling water in a medium mixing bowl that can stand the heat.  

3.  Add in lime zest & juice, stirring until combined. 


4.  With a whisk mix in the yogurt, and with a spatula fold in the thawed whipped topping {the more thawed the better}.

5.  Transfer mixture into your cooled pie crust and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.  I let mine refrigerate overnight.  It was a tough wait, but well worth it.  




I am thinking this might be one of my go to summer recipes when the temperatures warm up.  I don't know if I will ever think 58 degrees is "nice weather" like a lot of my fellow Coloradans do.   Hope you have a fabulous weekend and my spring break countdown is down to...

ONE WEEK!

 Throwback to Pi day 2008 in Tucson, AZ!

{LJ}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...