photo HEADER2_zpsztxreyz7.png

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Ham Breakfast Bake


I am one happy lady because I got to sleep in this morning :)  We did not have school today because of senior graduation at the beautiful Red Rocks Amphitheater.  If you are ever in Colorado I recommend you see it!



 Going to graduation is definitely one of my favorite things about teaching.  I get to see all these happy and proud students close a big chapter in their lives.  I almost cry about 7 times {I am a major softy}.  Graduation also means one other thing...SUMMER BREAK IS ALMOST HERE {I picked an awesome career}.  

With my extra time this morning I decided to bust out of my breakfast norm and make something totally different.  I found a new recipe on {Skinny Taste} last week and decided to give it a try.  I adapted the recipe a little bit so Tall Tan Man would eat it.  :)

Ham Breakfast Bake
Serves: 10

Ingredients:

Cooking Spray
2 Cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Olive oil
1/2 Cup Chopped Bell Pepper
1 Cup Chopped Spinach
1 Cup Chopped Broccoli
9 oz Diced Lean Ham Steak
1/2 Cup Salsa
7 Eggs
5 Egg Whites
1/4 Cup Skim Milk
1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper

Directions:

1.  Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and spray a 9 by 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.  Spread one cup of cheese along the bottom of your baking dish.  

2.  In a skillet heat olive oil then saute the bell pepper for about 5 minutes.  Add in spinach, broccoli, and ham.  Cook for another 2-3 minutes.  Stir in salsa.  

3.  Spread the veggie and ham mixture over the cheese in your baking dish.  

4.  In a medium size bowl whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper.  Pour egg mixture over the veggies and top with the remaining cheese.  

5.   Bake for 30 - 35 minutes or until a knife comes out clean from the middle.  




I added some fruit and iced coffee from Starbucks. It was a pretty fabulous breakfast.  




I hope you enjoy this as much as I did!  I had to go back for seconds... Thanks for stopping by :)

{LJ}

Linking up with the Blissful Bee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...