photo HEADER2_zpsztxreyz7.png

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Revealing the most finished room in our house!!!



{please ignore the sheet hanging out}

Hello!  We have a normal looking bedroom!!!  Can you tell that I am pretty pumped?? I know we have a long way to go, but look how far we have come!



Before I get to the list of things I still want to do I will cover what we have done.  Floors were sanded, stained and sealed.  Ceiling was repainted.  Tall Tan Man {aka stud muffin, aka Tim the Tool Man Taylor} repaired a massive hole in the wall.  I am not sure why they thought covering the hole left by the AC wall unit with wood was a good idea. 



Can you tell where the patch is?



Neither can I!  :)  He did so good.  

Up next is getting a ceiling fan that is not adorned with flowers.  Ceiling fans are interesting creatures. So far I haven't met one I really like...  We are trying to stay to a budget, because ultimately {maybe 3-5 years} we want to sell this house to make some money.  Therefore, we will not be spending $200+ on a ceiling fan.  If you know of any beautiful and cheap ceiling fans please let me know!!!

  We also need to install some BLINDS!  I am not going to lie...I got dressed this morning sitting on the floor {not an easy or pleasant task}.  We also desperately need a rug because the dark stained wood look is overwhelming.




Here is our to do list {yes, I put items on the list we have already done so I could check them off}:
  • Remove Carpet & Redo Wood Floors
  • Paint Ceiling
  • Fix AC Hole in the Wall
  • Paint Walls
  • Update Ceiling Fan
  • Put Up Blinds
  • Put Up Curtains
  • Update Closet & Bathroom Doors
  • Hang Art/Mirror
  • Get an Area Rug
  • Update Window Sills
  • Install Baseboards
I will share more projects as we get them done!  Well, maybe not everything.   Do you want to see our new toilet seats? They are totally awesome!  I'm kidding.  Well, they are the soft close ones.  I am losing it.  Bye Bye :)

{LJ}

Linking Up to:
Blissful Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...