photo HEADER2_zpsztxreyz7.png

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Leftover Sweet Potato Casserole Pancakes


Hi y'all!  How was your Thanksgiving?!  We hosted Thanksgiving for the first time ever, and I am proud to say that nothing caught on fire and no one got food poisoning.  :)  I am not a big leftovers person.  This might make me sound crazy...but I am all about eating bad on Thanksgiving and then I want all the food to go away.  Tall Tan Man on the other-hand loooves left overs.  He came to bed the other night with a plate of leftovers!!  Men... {Women, we are all jealous of this, can I get an amen?}.  I was googling last night "what to make with leftovers" and nothing sounded too tempting until I saw {this recipe} from Serious Eats. I made a few minor changes to the recipe, and all I have to say is, 'Does any one have any leftover sweet potato casserole I can have???'  

Sweet Potato Casserole Pancakes
 
Ingredients:

1-1/4 Cups Sweet Potato Casserole {I tried to scrape off the marshmallows}
1/2 Cup Greek Yogurt
3/4 Cup Milk
1 TBSP Maple Syrup
2 TBSP Melted Butter {Plus more for cooking the pancakes}
1 Cup Flour
3/4 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
Pinch of Cinnamon and Nutmeg

Directions:

1. Whisk together casserole, yogurt, milk, syrup, and butter until well combined.  

2.  Add in flour, baking powder, soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.  Whisk/stir until well combined.  

3.  Melt additional butter on a griddle or large frying pan.  Drop pancake mixture on to the griddle using a 1/4 cup.  Using the back of the 1/4 cup and smooth out the pancake to a nice even circle {or oval/octagon/square}.  After about 1 - 2 minutes the edge of the pancakes should be brown and then you will gracefully flip them.  

4.  Add more butter and maple syrup if your heart so desires.  Now enjoy.  



I wonder if I can make left-over stuffing pancakes? Jk... This is my new favorite way to enjoy leftovers!  Do you have any great leftover recipes? Please share if you do! 

{LJ} 

Linking Up
The Blissful Bee
 Living Well Spending Less
DIY Vintage Chic

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! I know my boys will love these!
    I'd love if you would stop by and enter my giveaway today =)
    http://www.thediaryofarealhousewife.com/2014/12/christmas-card-picture-ideas.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...