photo HEADER2_zpsztxreyz7.png

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Baked Sweet Potato Wedges


Most people find me strange.  Let me explain.  I use to despise sweet potatoes.  During the holidays when sweet potatoes are covered in brown sugar, and marshmallows I still can't stomach them.  I know this is not normal...Most people love them, and fill half their plate with them.  Usually {I don't want to be rude} I take a tiny bit, and do my best to scrape all the sugary goodness off of the potatoes. With all this being said, I discovered I loooove sweet potato fries.  Absolutely love them.  I can eat the fries plain, or on occasion I add a little ketchup.  Stop judging me, I ask for A-1 at fancy steak houses. When Tall Tan Man was in town a couple weeks ago I made him sweet potato wedges with a {Garlic Apple Cider Vinegar Pork Tenderloin}.  I was pretty proud of myself.  Mostly for the fact that I made something real for dinner, and didn't feel the need to make dessert.  Both of these doesn't happen often, and I am pretty sure I made TTM take me to fro yo after.  Okay, sorry for the rambling.  :)  This recipe was a perfect amount for TTM and I, and you can find the full recipe {here}.  Serves 2.5.  I am pretty sure I ate more than a normal serving...

Ingredients:

1 large sweet potato {leave the skin on for the nutrients} 
2 TSP oil
1 TSP sugar
1 TSP salt
1 TSP onion powder  
* Maybe a pinch of pepper {if it makes your heart happy}

Directions:

1.  Preheat oven to 450 - 500 degrees.  The hotter the crispier.  

2.  To slice the sweet potatoes I cut them long ways {hot dog style, if you don't understand that I am deeply saddened}, then down the middle {hamburger style}, and then finish by cutting the wedges AS THIN AS POSSIBLE.  Thinner = Crispier, which is what I like. 

3.  Combine sugar, salt, and onion powder in small bowl. Set aside.  

4.  Place a cooling rack on a rimmed cookie sheet.  

5.  Toss the wedges in a large bowl with the oil.  Use your hands this is mandatory, and make sure wedges are all equally covered.  Sprinkle mixture over wedges.  Trust me, use your hands again, this will make things easier.  

4.   Lay wedges on a cooling rack.  Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until top side is well browned.  Remove baking sheet from oven, and flip wedges.  Bake for 10-15 minutes.  Allow 5 minutes of cooling time!


5.  Best step.  EAT & ENJOY.  


Have a fabulous weekend!  

{Leslie}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...