photo HEADER2_zpsztxreyz7.png

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Pancakes


I am on a breakfast kick lately.

Last weekend we had some {Ham & Veggie Casserole} left over in the frig, but I really needed wanted something sweet to compliment it.  I had already tried {whole wheat strawberry pancakes} and they turned out yummy, but I wanted to try adding chocolate chips.  Holy cow. Life changing.

Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Pancakes 
Serves 2-3

Ingredients:

1 Cup Milk
1 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Cup Whole Wheat 
2 Tsp Sugar
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1 Egg
2 TBSP Melted Butter
1/2 Cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
Peanut Butter & Syrup {optional}

Directions:

1.  Combine milk and vinegar.  Allow mixture to curdle.

2.  In a large bowl mix together the flour, sugar, soda, powder, and salt. 

3.  In a smaller bowl mix together the egg, butter, and milk.  

4.  Add liquid mixture to the dry mixture.  Whisk until combined, it is okay to have flour chunks.  Lightly mix in chocolate chips.  

5.  Preheat a griddle to 350 - 375 degrees.  Grease the surface with butter and scoop batter with a 1/4 cup.  The batter started a little lumpy but smoothed out while the pancakes cooked.  Flip the pancakes once you start to see bubbles in the middle.  

6.  Top with peanut butter, syrup or both if you are feeling wild.  I am always feel wild.   


I think I need to make these again real soon.  They were some of the best pancakes I have ever had. I am being completely serious.  

I don't joke about food. 

{LJ}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...